Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

MID SEMESTER BREAK

My mid semester break is not that exciting. It's more like a boring/sad/"nothing interesting at all" time for me. I can say it's kind of a bad week for me and to my family also. My grandfather passed away on the day that I'm supposed to go back to my hometown. My family came to pick me up as usual. They drove all the way from Gua Musang, Kelantan and spend a night in the hotel. The next morning, early morning, my dad's cousin called and told him that his dad had passed away. He immediately called me to pack up super fast so that we can go directly to Sungai Golok, Thailand to attend the funeral. 

Not that I swear to my dad like that. 

See, this is when things started to happen. First, my dad have to drive really fast in order for us to attend the funeral. From Kelana Jaya to Kelantan is a 5 hours journey. After the long journey, my mom suggest that we should switched car because it's too small. Plus, my elder brother tagged along to and then my younger brother, Eddy is going to come as well. So, we then went back to our home, packed some clothes and ready to go to pick up Eddy. He didn't come along to KJ to picked me up so my mom asked her friend to take care of him. So, next place was to my mom's friend's house, all the way in Bertam, also in Kelantan. Before we arrived to Bertam, our car broke down. Yes! The tyre burst. I ain't lying. Luckily, the car didn't lose control and end up in accident because my dad stopped aside of the road just in time. Plus, he said that he had a bad feeling about driving super fast with that car. What a luck,right? (Like the pictures below)



Yep. Similar to this tyre, the thing inside shown off like that.

Without the cracked bumper though.
So, we have to switched the car again. He drove back to our home, switched the car and again to Bertam. We kind of got lost in Bertam, it's a rural area and the road was in pretty bad condition. Holes there and everywhere you turned. So, one hour later, we finally arrived and picked up Eddy. Another 2 and half hour later, we arrived in Rantau Panjang, Kelantan then crossed the border to Sungai Golok, Thailand. Imagine that journey, our back, butt, everything ached. It was really tiring and guess what? We missed the funeral, the prayer and everything. 5 hours from Kelana Jaya to Gua Musang, then from there to Bertam and to Sungai Golok, Thailand. God!! It's no holiday for me. 

Yeap, really really tired!

To make matters worst, my mom also said Lola, our cat died. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. :( And it just a ONE WEEK BREAK!!! Where's the fun?? I didn't really get to do anything. Spending time with my family and cats and rabbits wasn't really enough.

Lola, may you rest in peace. You're in a good place now. Love you.
I tell you what, this mid-sem break sucks! For me of course. Hopefully the long semester break after final exam won't ever be like this. Like ever. Please let it be no more. I can't bear of losing anyone anymore.  




So, when anyone asked,

"So.... how's your break?" I'll be like...




"Did you enjoyed it?"




"Is it fun?"


No comments:

Post a Comment